Urad dal possesses excellent antioxidant properties that make it beneficial for the heart, liver and kidneys. In addition, it has a low glycemic index and high dietary fibre content that may be helpful as a good food substance for patients with diabetes and those on weight control diets. Urad Dal (Black Gram) Nutrition Facts
In a 100g serving of Urad dal, the nutrients are
• 1.6 grams of fat
• 59 grams of carbohydrates
• 25 grams of protein
• 0.93 grams of potassium
• 0.38 grams of sodium
• 341 calories
Additionally, it is also rich in calcium, iron, vitamin B-6 and magnesium.
Urad Dal Benefits
1) Improves your gut health:
2) Boosts your body’s iron level:
3) Keeps your heart healthy and happy:
4) Urad dal is diabetes-friendly:
5) Gives you healthy and super shiny tresses:
6) Urad dal for weight loss:
7) Builds your bone strength:
8) Safeguards your kidney:
9) Great for your skin:
10) Urad dal benefits for male reproductive health:
Urad Dal (Black Gram) Uses
Traditionally, black gram is used to prepare dals, soups, curries, stews, and side dishes. In addition, black gram can also be used to make homemade face packs to treat acne and other skin conditions.
It is used in Ayurvedic medicine because of its wide array of health benefits. Black gram is also used for its high fibre content.